Hey everybody! Artybaker here! A few minutes walk away from our house there are some fields with some goats, chickens and horses in. Recently two baby goats (‘kid’s) were born there. So now there are five goats, lots of chickens and two horses. I’m not sure which two goats are the parents of the two kids. Here are some pictures I took of them today….
Please note that these two goats are not the kids. The website won’t let me do more than two photos so I will make a separate post for more of the pictures. 🙂 Here are some cool facts about goats:
- Some species of goat can jump up to 5 feet high!
- The goat is one of the 12 Chinese zodiac animals, it represents creativity, shyness and being a perfectionist.
- Like sheep, goat’s eyes are rectanular instead of round. They have excellent night vision.
- Goats discovered coffee! Apparently in Ethiopia a goat farmer saw his goats behaving more actively and energetically after eating from a particular bush. He then tried it himself and felt uplifted, awake and full of energy.
- The proper name for a group of goats is called a Trip.
- Goats are great at swimming, and climbing trees!